How to Soft & Factory Reset Kindle?
If your kindle frequently shows error messages or it has become unresponsive, it is a brilliant idea to perform resetting process. A soft, also called a standard reset, is simply a restarting of the device. This is generally conducted in an attempt of fixing malfunctioned applications and minor errors whereas master or factory reset remove the entire user’s data including saved settings and take your system back to its original state. Kindle Technical Support states that it is a permanent solution if your device is affected from various issues. So, if you think that your device needs a factory reset, you can go for it. You need only a few steps to restore kindle to its proper functioning. But before that, take a look at when to perform soft and hard reset.
If there is frozen and unresponsive screen or kindle has become laggy and sluggish, just go for the soft resetting. When the device continues malfunctioning even though restarting multiple times, PC doesn’t recognize the software, device froze during restart or not connecting to wireless network, you can go for factory reset. Now let’s take a look at the process described below.
- Sometimes the device gets stuck between on and off mode or it becomes freeze or its buttons don’t work. In such cases, turn the device off, open its back cover and remove its battery. Wait for 30 to 60 seconds and replace the battery back on its place. Let the system reboot completely. It may take 2 to 3 minutes or more.
- Plug the cable into electric outlet so as device charge up itself. For a hard reset, you need at least forty percent charged battery. Also, make a back up of your crucial files and passwords as wiping out the system will lose everything you have saved.
- However, you can still download and recover the content you have purchased from Kindle. Nonetheless, third party e-books and applications need to be saved separately.
- If your device is being frozen, plug in the power source and let it charge for 30 minutes or more. Make sure your device has charged enough to perform a hard reset.
- Once you finish charging, slide the power switch of Kindle and hold it for 30 seconds. Doing so, the reboot screen will appear again. Wait for two to three minutes so as device check rebooting and complete the resetting process.
Get a Comprehensive Support at Kindle Technical Support
You might be confused what to do or not to do if you are a new users and don’t have enough time to mess around the problem. In such case, the best way to fix the issues is to contact the experts at Kindle Customer Helpline Number +1-855-601-0005. They will provide you with simple and hassle-free solutions to overcome the issue. Their fixes are optimal and having minimum turnaround time. Ultimately, you are going to be assisted by every means at this platform. Feel free to call now.